1. I decided that I really ought to have my 2010 photobook ready to go before the end of the school year, just in case MyPublisher happens to float another 60% off coupon code, like the one that I missed at the beginning of the month. So, I've been spending my evenings futzing with PSE 9 to prep the digital images and so forth. I'm finished with the photos from our move from Bangkok to Saigon, so the book is halfway finished, and I'm feeling good about it!
2. I've been rolling out a new bedtime routine for Sadie - one where she falls asleep on her own in her bed, instead of with me beside her. She used to fall asleep alone in her crib before we moved last summer, but she spent about two months combined sleeping in beds while we were in the service apartment here in Saigon and staying with my parents last summer. I was quite worried that she'd never stay *in* a bed or fall asleep in one unless I was there to see it with my own two eyes. While it worked well, I realized that it was not really a great sleep habit to have been perpetuating over the last eleven months. In case anyone is wondering, Sadie is sort of pissed off when I kiss her goodnight, but she does roll over, cuddle her SPOKA, and fall asleep on her own (okay, she might get out of bed once or twice).
3. Inventorying my stash of over-the-counter meds and vitamins to see what needs to be re-stocked the next time I'm in the developed world. I over-bought children's vitamins last year, but didn't pick up enough Tylenol Melt-Aways. And we're nearly out of sunscreen! Conveniently, the EWG has released their 2011 safer sunscreen report - and my fave Neutrogena Baby Pure & Free still doesn't rank very well ... sigh.
4. Tucking my nearly-seven year-old in bed an average of three times a night.
5. Procrastinating over the knitting project that I started and abandoned in January.
6. Being sucked into reality tv. But Curtis Stone is a great host for Top Chef Masters!
And after that, I have no excuses left :)