You have just won one million dollars:
1. Who do you call first? I'd probably call my employer :)
2. What is the first thing you buy for yourself? A trip around the world, so don't be trying to contact me for a year ...
3. What is the first thing you buy for someone else? I'd buy a ticket for my wonderful husband so that he could join me :)
4. Do you give any away? If yes, to whom? Of course ... I imagine I'd donate to a foundation doing research on diseases that have impacted my life, the SPCA, and a few others. I would never ever donate to this university, though. They keep asking me to support their MBA program, and I am not an alumni of their MBA program. Imbeciles!
5. Do you invest any? If so, how? With a sum that large, it might be sensible to invest a good portion of it in an instrument paying a fixed return, whether that means a GIC, a coupon bond, or a preferred dividend stock. That's to provide reasonably steady income for daily living expenses. Chris is having an infatuation with investing at the moment, so I'd let him invest a sum in equities and call any gains "fun money" ... and maybe he could buy few Bowie Bonds:)